Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Cheap Come Out Expensive

I am sure everyone has heard the term "The Cheap Come Out Expensive". Now I used to scoff at that term because I loved finding a bargain and relishing in how little it cost me. To me spending money on name brand make-up and skin care was absurd. I mean what was wrong with going down to the super store and picking up the $4.99 face cream. It cleaned my make-up off and that is still the most important thing you should remember to do each night. Wash your face. Even if you don't wear make-up that day remember to wash your face and apply cream. This advice was given to me by my mom who is on the left and my grandmother, who by the way is in her 90's, and they both have very nice skin.

Well now that I have turned 40 everything has changed. I need glasses to help me read, a hairdresser to remove my stubborn gray, and beauty products that are made with high quality ingredients to ward off aging skin. I realized that the products that cost a little more last longer and really do a better job of hydrating the skin and giving your make-up a youthful look.  If a product if very cheap but doesn't work, and doesn't make tyou feel great, then it's not a value -- no matter what the price. Also remember that concentrated ingredients only need a little of it to work and therefore means a little will go a long way and that means money saved in the long run. And lastly, the better your skin looks the less foundation, powder, etc. that you will need to use!

So what are the differences? Seriously -- how different can one lipstick be from another? Here are some of the factors that come into play:

Pigments vs fillers: When it comes to makeup, the top brands usually have the best ratio of color pigment compared to filler material (such as talc). This generally means a more intense, long-lasting color.

Ingredient quality: Just like there are different grades of everything from gasoline to steaks, all cosmetic ingredients are not equal. In addition, organic, natural, imported and rare ingredients will bump up that price point. Same goes for the occasional real scientific formulation.

Smoothness: How finely-ground is your eye shadow or face powder? The more milled the ingredients, the more smooth and silky they will tend to be. Smaller particles also adhere better to the skin.

So when you have to save do it elsewhere than your beauty regime and your face will thank you for it. Because in the end the cheap come out expensive - meaning if you don't take care of your skin now it will haunt you in later years.

Pamela Anderson Plastic Surgery Before & After

No comments:

Post a Comment